Saturday, December 20, 2008

21 Years



You know, I can remember saying more than once that I would NEVER get married around Christmas. It's just too crazy of a time and then you never get to celebrate your anniversary because it gets lost in the busyness of the season. Kinda like those people who have birthdays right around Christmas. I always feel sorry for them -- all your presents coming at one time of the year. ;-)

So, what did I end up doing? I got married a week before Christmas. And I had green (ok, teal) bridesmaids dresses and red roses -- and poinsettias for decorations. So much for shunning the idea of getting married at Christmas. ha So ever since then, it's definitely been a struggle to find time to actually do anything for our anniversaries through the years. To illustrate this fact, when I told Mackenzie that her dad and I were going out for our anniversary on Friday night, she said, "Wow, last year was your 20th Anniversary -- did y'all ever even do anything for that?" Uh.... well, no. We meant to -- and kept saying we were going to... but like I said, the time comes and goes so fast, sometimes it just doesn't happen. So, the good news is that we had a very nice night out last night, so maybe this is a good sign for future anniversary celebrations. :-)

Anyway, I just thought I'd take a moment and share a couple of "Then" and "Now" pictures - one of my favorites from our wedding and then a picture of us before we went out Friday night. It seems hard for me to believe that we've been married for 21 years -- in just 3 more years, we'll have reached that point of being married as long as we haven't been married... wow. But I'm very grateful to have shared these years with such a generous, kind, patient and forgiving man as my husband is. I'm truly blessed. :-)

No comments: