Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm Convinced

Just wanted to share a really neat "God-moment" that happened at our Life Talk last night. We had finished a great time of singing and sharing that was very personal and encouraging. Then we took some time to go around the room and pray about needs in our lives. When it came to me, I had this recent trip to Impact on my heart and thoughts about God being our greatest treasure in life were on my mind. So I was praying about that and just thanking God that He has been so willing to intervene in my life and convince me, certainly more times than should ever be necessary, that He truly is the greatest treasure of all.

The prayers went on from me and continued around the room. At some point while Adam was praying, he said something that made me think of the song "Light the Fire." We sung that song a lot with the teens during devotional times at Impact and I love the words... anyways, this thought came to mind that I REALLY wanted to sing that song when we all finished praying - to the point that I was contemplating just starting the song myself when the last AMEN was said. (But I was feeling pretty insecure about doing that! ha) Well, the prayer circle continued and Lisa was the last to pray. She finished up and just as she said amen, Ed immediately started singing Light the Fire!!! He was across the room from me and I just sat there dumbfounded for a moment before I could find my voice. I couldn't believe that he just started singing the song that was on MY heart! We finished singing and I just looked at everyone and told them what I had been thinking about that song - there were goosebumps all around. :)

As I thought about all of that later, I was reminded of what I had prayed earlier about God being so willing to convince me time and again of the treasure that He is in my life. And once again, there was God 'showing up' in such a real way to me - convincing me yet again of how He loves to answer prayers and surprise me in special ways. :)

Light the Fire

I stand to praise You,
But I fall on my knees.
My spirit is willing,
But my flesh is so weak.

I feel Your arms around me,
As the power of Your healing begins.
Your Spirit moves through me,
Like a mighty rushing wind.

Light the fire
In my soul,
(in my weary soul)
Fan the flame,
Make me whole.
(make my spirit whole)
Lord, You know
Where I've been,
(where I've been)
So light the fire in my heart again.

1 comment:

Lisa notes... said...

Kay,
Yes, a goosebumps moment for sure! I love how you titled this "I'm convinced."

Another goosebumps moment last night for me:
I had heard Piper speak earlier in the week about how he focuses on the vocabulary of "treasuring Christ" as much as "believing Christ" because we have overly intellectualized "believing" into just pure head knowledge. That really stuck with me and I pondered all week about "treasuring Christ." So when you talked last night about him being your treasure, it really hit home. It's something I definitely want to keep meditating on.

God is so good!