Monday, December 13, 2010

Just wanted to share a few pictures from the last couple of weeks. Here are some from Thanksgiving. We had a nice quiet dinner here at our house with Mom and Dad... it's been longer than I can even remember since the last time I cooked a turkey, but thanks to some great tips from FB friends, it came out really yummy! :) And Anna was a big help with all the casseroles and pies... it was fun cooking together.










The next weekend we gathered with spiritual family for a little mini-retreat that we called "midStream." The families gathered there are ones that we have traveled up to Franklin, TN in the past with to attend the "Stream Franklin" worship weekend at the Fourth Avenue Church. The idea came up that we should to our own day of worship and fellowship (with the theme, "Overflow") together that would be like what we experienced there, so we gave it a try and the result was an awesome day together... I hope we get to do it again! :)


This past weekend has been busy with kids Christmas parties - at church we had the Sr. High Christmas party, the Jr. High Cookie Day AND the Club Xtreme Service and Christmas party... and we enjoyed going to see Jenna Burgess in her play, The Christmas Dilemma... so I think at this point, we are officially in the Christmas spirit! :)
And now as I'm trying to get the last of our Christmas presents bought and Christmas cards sent and plans made, I woke up horribly sick this morning... so I haven't had a very productive day today!! :( The good news? I figure I should be able to get over this before all the family gets in town next week and maybe I'll get to be well for Christmas... yay. :)

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." -- Romans 15:13


No comments: