Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions


Another year come and gone.   It's been an eventful one, for sure.  Mackenzie graduated high school and started college.  Anna escaped (haha) middle school and started high school.  Jack went through 2 job changes - one from the buy-out of the defense contract he was working on (this was a change he was NOT happy about) and then a job-change by choice (which he IS happy about).  And me?  Well, I realize I've been avoiding any kind of change in the midst of all of that. :) 

But now it seems that it has come time for a new year and some new resolutions.  I find that lately when anyone I haven't talked to for a while asks what I've been up to, I mostly talk about everyone else... so one of my resolutions for this year is to have something at least moderatley interesting to say that I've done myself.  Not sure what that is going to look like just yet, but I'm going to commit it to prayer and look for where God is leading.


Just thought this cartoon was really funny -- and I resolve NOT to make it true for me! haha...

Here are a few other things on my mind:
* I plan to train for and finally run the Cotton Row 10K this year.  (my body seems ready to cooperate with me on this - I hope that continues!)

* Less escaping and more praying...

* Read thru the New Testament this year...  (didn't do that last year as planned, and it is much needed!)

* Daily consider this verse and how I can put it into practice, especially at home where I am, sadly, most selfish:
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.  Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Philippians 2:3-4

* And one more verse to pray over daily:
The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever.
I John 2:17
I believe this verse to be true, but my heart fights with it - I don't grasp it emotionally and I struggle so much with holding on to my own desires over trusting God with His desires for me.  But I am certain that His way is so much better... my prayer will be to feel and trust it deep in my heart.

Oh... and I resolve for Alabama to beat LSU this time and win the National Championship! 
Roll Tide Roll!  :)

So that's it for now... Happy New Year everyone! :)

No comments: