Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 27 - Resourceful Love

I want to post just a quick excerpt from yesterday's reading because it referenced probably my most favorite verse in scripture -- I Peter 4:8

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 
That's how I have it memorized.

I like the version that Scott McKnight referenced as well:
“Above all, maintain constant love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins.”

He talked a lot about how love is resourceful in the sense that love always finds a way past the wrongs and difficulties we encounter in relationships. He ends this chapter with this quote:

Love stretches us, but it also stretches itself over the wrongs and faults of others. Instead of accusing, resourceful love sees and understands, sees and forgives, sees and stays with, and because it does all these things, it gets beyond the wrongs to a life that engulfs our faults in a forgiving, healing, embracing grace.

 
OK, a lot of interesting pictures come up when you google 'embrace.'  :)   I was looking to find something that illustrated this 'embracing grace' idea -- I just love that concept.   I don't know that the kitty picture quite gets it, but I thought it was sweet.  :)

No comments: