Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Living for Today...

There is the always the temptation to deal with the 'troubles' of today by anticipating what we’re trying to ‘head off’ coming at us on down the road. At least for me there is… But I remembered Matt. 6:33-34 today and then in looking it up, read through the Lord’s Prayer … and was struck by the simplicity of it.

This, then, is how you should pray:
"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one."
(Matt 6:9-13)

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
(Matt 6:33-34)

Lord, let me praise you today,
seek your kingdom and your righteousness,
and know that you forgive my sins.
Protect me from Satan’s schemes and from temptation,
and help me look for the strength to deal
with the troubles I face one day at a time.
The future is in your hands.

No comments: