Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Daisy Doodles

Another trip to Green Mountain last week yielded this picture of some beautiful daisies growing along the gravel path by the lake. I was trying out my new phone to see how well it takes pictures, and I think it does a pretty good job! Now when I go walking on the mountain, I'm down to just carrying my phone, instead of a phone and a camera - yay. :-)

I was reminded yesterday of this picture while I was out doing a little shopping at Bridge Street. I saw a 'Doodle Pad' in a store out there that was really cute - lots of pages just to write and scribble on... and then in the back of the notebook, there was a section that told you 'definitions' for the things that you like to 'doodle.' So if you like to draw houses or cars or smiley faces, this little book will tell you why you like to draw those things. ;-) I happened to flip the page open to where it defined 'daisies' -- and I wish I could remember the whole 'definition' because it was kinda funny.... but the part I can think of said that if find yourself doodling daisies, then you are a person who is searching for the 'happily ever after' in life. Maybe that goes with the whole "He loves me, he loves me not" game that pulls the petals off of daisies one by one and we probably all did as little girls at one time or another...
Anyways, I was thinking about 'happily ever afters' and realizing that as Christians, we're blessed to have that promised to us in Christ. And when it comes to "He loves me, he loves me not" -- well, we know the answer to that is.... He loves me. :-)
"For no matter how may promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Chirst.... He annointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." (II Cor 1:20, 22)
I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday, or I would have looked up more 'definitions.' I'm not really much of a 'daisy doodler.' ha If I'm doodling on something, I'm more apt to be drawing random shapes and patterns -- I like making '3-D boxes.' I'm not sure I want to venture to guess what any of that says about me. ;-) Maybe if I'm back out there sometime soon, I'll have to check on that....

No comments: