Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blueberry Bread

I just had to put this recipe on here. I don't bake a whole lot, but after being at my mother-in-law's house the last two weekends, I got the chance to have this wonderful blueberry bread that she made. So she gave me the recipe last weekend and I took a shot at it -- and it's SO easy! And SOOOO good! :) Even my children, who usually don't do "fruity" breads, keep telling me how much they like this. Of course, today, Mackenzie said, "Yeah, it's like eating pound cake with blueberries in it." Hmmmmm.... yep, with 2 1/2 sticks of butter in it, it's pretty much like that -- but we'll keep calling it blueberry bread so that I can feel OK about having it for breakfast. ;-) Anyways, just thought I'd share the recipe for anyone else who wants to give it a try.



3 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
(or substitute all the above ingredients with 3 C self-rising flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 C sugar
3 eggs
1 1/4 C butter or margarine, melted
2 C blueberries
1 1/4 C pecans, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add eggs and butter. Stir together just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries and pecans. Spoon batter into two 4 x 8 inch loaf pans coated with nonstick spray. Bake 1 hour or until done. (I baked this for exactly 1 hour and it was just the right amount of time for my oven.) Let stand to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.

No comments: