Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mighty to Save

In my daily Bible reading, I like to underline verses that speak to me... so I was reading back over ones from a couple of days ago and I'm going to share them here, but little out of order - I don't know why, but it all just made sense to me this way. Not so strange, I guess, considering how out of order I can be...


"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me;
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name,
I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'
All day long I have held out my hands
to an obstinate people,
who walk in ways not good,
pursuing their own imaginations-

How then can we be saved?

Yet, O LORD, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD;
do not remember our sins forever.
Oh, look upon us, we pray,
for we are all your people.

Who is this coming from Edom,
from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson?
Who is this, robed in splendor,
striding forward in the greatness of his strength?
"It is I, speaking in righteousness,
mighty to save."

I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

(Is 65:1-2, 64:5,8-9, 63:1, 61:10)

No comments: