Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feeling Nostalgic Today...

So I've been working most of the past couple of days getting my house in order and ready for company this weekend. Jack's mom is coming to town to be here for Mackenzie's "Senior Night" football game tomorrow night, Huntsville vs. Grissom. Funny that she's going to have her senior night playing against my old alma mater. :) I'm looking forward to the night because it will be special for her and for us when we get to 'present' her out on the field at halftime. But I'm also having those moments today of wondering where the years went and thinking back to fun football games and marching competitions that will soon be a thing of the past. And it's kinda sad this year - HHS had an earlier marching competition that got rained out and too many scheduling conflicts with one that would have been this Saturday, so Mackenzie will miss out on getting to do that her senior year. Well, maybe she's not so sad about it, but I've always enjoyed them! Good memories... SO, I'm posting some pictures that I've taken this season - and a couple that were taken by this awesome parent who is a great photographer (you'll probably know which ones are which - ha).



Mackenzie and her fellow flute players.


Makenzie and her best buddy Sarah, who will be taking over Mackenzie's job as section leader next year!


On the field...


In the stands...


Dancing to 'Basket Case' and just having fun. :)



Band buddies: Christine, Renee, Leigh, Mackenzie

I'm really glad that Mackenzie has loved being in the band all these years. It was 'my thing' to do when I was in high school and I have so many good memories from my years in band. I hope that she will always have that, too. And she's so much more talented and accomplished than I ever was! I'm defintely going to miss all this. Just for fun, I thought I'd throw in a geeky band picture of myself, so that Mackenzie isn't alone in sporting the lovely band uniform attire (although, I think she looks beautiful in her uniform!)

No comments: