Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Lucky Number

I like numbers, even though I'm really not a huge fan of math. But I'm good at memorizing numbers... before the age of speed dial, contact lists, and voice-activated calling, I used to be a walking telephone book. :)

Anyways, I was thinking about my 47th birthday tomorrow and 'cacthing up' to my now already 47 year old husband. Then I remembered that when he turned 47 a few months ago, we realized that his mom was turning 74 this year and thought that was kind-of neat.



I also had this thought that I got married when MY mom was 47, and that was a little freaky to think about. Obviously, back then, she seemed so OLD to me - 47 doesn't seem so old now! ;-)

And while that came to mind, it occurred to me that Mackenzie turned 17 this year... lots of 7's in this list.







OK, I googled "47" in images just to see what visual aid might pop up and this came up. Seriously. "47" on the state of Alabama. So I had to put it in here because it made me laugh! :)


Back to getting married, in a couple of months, Jack and I will celebrate our 23rd anniversary... If you go way, way back, our 'first date' anniversary was on Aug. 23rd... and then Anna turned 13 this year. So that throws a few 3's into the list.

Hmmm... 7's and 3's - generally good numbers from a biblical standpoint. ha "Lucky numbers" - if you want to call them that. Guess I'm hoping that as I hit my 47th birthday tomorrow, that it will be the start of a good year ahead - a little 'good luck' can't hurt! :)

No comments: