Saturday, January 8, 2011

A New Favorite Band

I 'discovered' a band this week that has become one of my new favorites - The Afters. I guess they're best known for "Never Going Back to OK" and "Light Up the Sky" which is the song that really got me wanting to hear more from them. I had about a 7 hour drive to my sister's house this last week and ended up listening over and over to their latest CD and it really ministered to my heart. Just thought I'd share one of my favorite songs off the CD, "You Lift Me Up":




And my new 'blinkie' button is in honor of the upcoming "Blizzard of 2011" that is supposed to be hitting Huntsville tomorrow - I can't believe that I'm going to miss it! Well, MAYBE some of the snow will make it over here to Columbia, but there's not near as much hysteria about it here as I've heard there is back at home... apparently Jack and Mackenzie even stopped at Walmart tonight to look for a sled - that's saying a lot. haha.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

I just wanted to say Ii am glad to have found your blog. I grew up not to awful far from you in Iuka , MS about an hour from Florence and have been to your city many times to the space center or on the way to Nashville or the mountains.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.