Saturday, July 9, 2011

Leaning In

Some days are just harder than other days.  Sometimes emotions pile up and I find myself just sitting with them for a while... coffee in hand... surrounded, thankfully, by the quiet of the morning.  But now the morning is escaping and there are things I must get to.
 
I saw this quote and I don't know what else to say about it except that it's been stuck in my mind...

"Friends are hard to find, harder to keep, and impossible to let go."

I was talking to a much younger friend the other day about the challenges of big life changes at her age and the struggles she was feeling about finding herself more on her own and feeling alone and how uncomfortable it all is...  all of her friends are getting married and moving to all sorts of new places with their lives...  What do you do when you are the one who's left behind?
 
Lean into God...

And many more years from now when she's my age with many more years of life changes, triumphs, failures, gains and losses behind her?  Well...  you do the same thing.
 
Lean, even closer, into God...

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit...
The LORD redeems his servants;
   no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.
                                                                        -- Psalm 34

Thank you, Father, for this promise of always being near to us...  help me feel your presence in my life and grant that to my friends who are hurting...  help us to lean into you and always take refuge in your love.

No comments: