Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Experiences

While I was visiting my sister this past weekend, she told me that she had started going to a yoga class about a month ago and that I was going to *have* to come with her to her class on Monday morning and try it out. I've always been curious about yoga, but have never done it. So I went along with her and had the best time! :-) It was very relaxing - well, at least when I wasn't stretching my body beyond what I probably should have been doing! - and it was a very uplifting experience - that's the best way I know how to describe it. I came away with a couple of things: One, I was pretty sore from doing that 'triangle' pose over there in the picture. (The cobra is harder than it looks, too!) Thankfully we didn't get to the 'tree' -- not sure what I would have done with that! Fallen over, probably. haha Secondly, I found that after spending an hour with an instructor who only had really nice, encouraging things to say in the most peaceful type of manner, that I just felt better. And it was funny how unusual it felt to be talked through a 'workout' in that way. But I think I'd like to try it again. Don't know if I'll find a place to go to a yoga class here, or just try some DVDs at home, but I'm going to start exploring my options there.





Now on a totally different note:
While I was learning about yoga, my sister brilliantly discovered that you could go on a tour of the BMW assembly plant in Greenville, SC (about 2 hours away from Columbia) and we sent Jack off for the day to go and do that. A MUCH better plan for him than yoga or shopping with the girls!! ;-) He had a fabulous time doing that and decided that Lisa won the 'sister-in-law of the year' award for figuring that activity out for him. haha



So our trip to South Carolina was full of new adventures and a good time with family. It's just too bad that drive hasn't gotten any shorter -- wish they were closer....

No comments: