Friday, October 3, 2008

Go Panthers! :-)


















I'm still trying to get used to 'cheering' for the Panthers given that I graduated many years ago from our now rival high school, Grissom. It was 'Go Tigers!' way back when I was the one sitting in the stands at Milton Frank in a goofy band uniform. ha But that's a whole other story... Last night at the HHS vs. Austin game (that we won, by the way - yay!) I finally got around to taking some pictures of Mackenzie and the band. This is not something she really appreciates me doing, but I did manage to get her and a couple of friends (Niki and Janna) to cooperate with me for just a moment. :-) If you're looking at that upper right picture, Mackenzie is the 2nd from the left in the line of flutes and piccolos. Just look for the shortest kid in the line and you'll see her! ;-) I'm very proud of both of my girls accomplishments in band these days. Mackenzie has had the opportunity to be one of the section leaders this fall for marching band and is really growing in taking on responsibility and leadership in the band and it's neat to see her do that. And Anna, who just started playing french horn in the 6th grade band just made 1st chair this week! :-) I think maybe I was 1st chair french horn once upon a time long ago in 6th grade, but I kinda went downhill from there -- I hope she'll continue her success with that a little better than her mom did! haha Anyways, it's kinda fun reliving some of my old band memories through my kids -- those were times I really enjoyed as a kid. Hopefully they'll be good times to look back on for my girls one day....

No comments: