Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another running (or not) update...

I'm killing a little time here waiting for Jack to get home so that we can get out of here and go to dinner. PF Changs - yay! :-) But I haven't mentioned anything about running lately because there's not been any running to talk about. :-( Apparently back when I ran the 10K race, I injured my hip. I didn't pay much attention to it until about three weeks later, as I was continuing to try to run and get ready for the Cotton Row, I got to the point where I was just hurting all the time - not just for a while after running. So I had to do something about it. Of course my doctor said, "Quit running." ha And then he gave me some nice anti-inflammatory pills to take that I can't take because they make me sick to my stomach, so no thank you. And 'quit running' isn't really the option I'm looking for. I was actually starting to really LIKE running. ;-) SO, now I'm in physical therapy and I hope that is going to help things. It's amazing when they start poking and prodding on all the muscles in the hip, back and thigh, how it's all connected. Find pain in your back and realize that it's contributing to pain in your thigh, stuff like that... anyway, I got a really nice massage out of it all this morning, so I'm really not complaining. :-)

But it looks like the Cotton Row is out for me. :-( At the moment, I'm basically not allowed to do any kind of exercise -- so does that give me a good reason not to do any housework?? yay! Probably can't really use that excuse... I can still walk. Oh well...

I got interrupted before I had time to post this earlier. So I just got home from a really good dinner at PF Changs and a walk around Bridge Street. What a beautiful night it was tonight! I'm so ready for the warm weather -- but if I keep eating like I did tonight and can't exercise, I'm not really going to be ready for swimsuit season. ha

Time to stop rambling. If you think about it, please say a prayer for my hip to get better - running really was helping me in lots of ways and I'd like to get back to it!

No comments: