Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy 13th Birthday Anna!

So I can't believe my 'baby girl' turns 13 today! Officially a teenager - and now I'm the mother of 2 teenagers! You know, when my girls were little, so many people warned me about this time in my life. ;-) They told me the teenage years were really hard and to enjoy my kids while they were young. Well, it is true that you should enjoy all the special moments when they are young, because it does go by fast! But honestly, I'm thoroughly enjoying the teenage years with Mackenzie and Anna - they're both a joy and I feel very, very blessed. :) So Anna, welcome to the teenage years - you are beautiful, inside and out, and I love you very much! :)
Anna finally got the nice hair straightener that she's been wanting - and a pretty new Vera Bradley wallet from her sister -- and money from all of her very generous grandparents who love to spoil her!! :)

Grandma and Grandad made Anna's favorite dinner tonight and got her a really yummy birthday cake - we all ate too much! Anna's friends from the gym, Sadie and Autumn, got to join us for dinner and are spending the night. Tomorrow we're off to Knoxville where the girls are going to compete in their first gymnastics meet of the year - fun! :)


Anna reminded me tonight that we haven't had a real birthday party for her since she was 10 years old! I think the combination of an early January birthday and training for gymnastics on Friday night and early Saturday morning, makes it a little tough to pull off a party! But I think I owe her a 13th Birthday bash. Stay tuned to see if we get to pull that off! :)



No comments: