Monday, February 1, 2010

February is for Love...

My desire this month is to focus on falling more in love with God day by day... and so I thought I'd post a scripture each day about God's love - either His love for me or mine for Him. The very first scripture that came to mind was the greatest 'comandment' of all:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matt. 22:36-40

I think it's a good way to start off -- devoting my heart, soul, and mind to loving God with everything I have - I'm looking forward to what verses will surface throughout the month and what I'll learn about God's love along the way. :)

2 comments:

Lisa notes... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa notes... said...

I'll look forward to what you're going to share.

[Had to retype that. The first time I mistyped, "I'll look forward to what you're doing to share." But I guess that kind of fits, too. :-) Love is always active... ]