Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I John 3:1-3

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

I love the word lavish in this verse. It's such a rich and extravagant word and to think that God lavishes His love on me is a wonderful thought. :) When I think about how much I love my own children and how far I will go to show them that, it really touches my heart to think that God loves me even more than that.

I also love the confidence in the statement "And that is what we are!" There is no doubt, no fear... just a great expectation that not only are we loved, but we have the hope that we will one day see God and be like God. How amazing is that?

So what is my response to all of this? That hope and that love motivates me to purify myself and live to please Him ...and just be grateful that I am so blessed to be a child of God. :)

No comments: