Monday, May 24, 2010

Mackenzie


The last week of school has finally arrived and I am close to becoming the parent of a senior in high school - wow, how did we get here so fast? It's hitting me today because, aside from exams, which Mackenzie is mostly done with already, today is her last 'full' day of school. She's very excited about that, and so am I... really, I'm so done with school for this year! ;-) ...but I'm also in that nostalgic, melancholy mood that doesn't want my baby to grow up yet. sigh.

So I just thought I'd spend a little time on her today and share one of the songs from Huntsville High's spring concert. (yes, I managed to get to the concert with a fully charged video camera this time! ha) She'll probably hate me for all the 'close-ups' of her, but what can I say? I'm her mother, it's what mothers do... ha. She also had her band awards banquet last Friday night and was one of only 3 students who made the Alabama All-State band from HHS this year, as well as making the UAH Honor Wind Ensemble this last fall. She's looking forward to being the Senior Section leader for the Flutes this next year in band. I enjoy seeing her use her talents and putting in the extra work to be a leader in the band. It brings back some good memories of my band days in high school, though she has far surpassed my abilities, that's for sure! ;-)

Hope you enjoy the song!


No comments: