Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moonrise



This picture doesn't do justice to the beautiful sight that I saw on my way home from church tonight. I left a little early, so it was still light outside, but it had also just started raining. As I was driving over the mountain, I was greeted by the most beautiful sky. It was a little like this picture with black stormclouds drifting by and white, puffy clouds lit up by the sun as it was going down. The sky was pink on the horizon and faded into blue as it went up - and peeking thru the stormclouds was a shadow of the moon as it was beginning to rise. It was just so pretty... then as I turned the corner, I looked up over the mountains near my house, and there were more storm clouds. But right in the middle of the clouds there was an opening that looked like the mouth of a cave and sunlight was shining out from the mouth of the 'cave' in these stunning rays of light. It was just breathtaking! Well, I hurried home because I thought I might be able to grab a camera and catch one of these sights before they were gone. I suppose you can guess that I just missed out on that opportunity! :( But I wanted to write about it anyway because I was just so impressed with God's handiwork tonight. :) I'm thinking that maybe He did all that tonight in celebration of Mackenzie's 17th Birthday. ;-) Or maybe He just wanted to make me smile. :)

Speaking of Mackenzie, please refer to my last post for all the bragging about how wonderful she is, but I just wanted to post this on her actual birthday...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful, way-too-grown-up daughter! :)



No comments: