Monday, May 10, 2010

The Week in Review

It's been a busy week around here and I feel very behind in my blogging - so I'm going to do a quick catch-up (ketchup?) on things:

We started off last Tuesday with both the girls being inducted into the National Honor Society. I'm very proud of both of them. They work hard to stay on top of their schoolwork while at the same time keeping very busy schedules outside of school. And while this is an academic honor, the "CSLS" on the logo stands for Character, Scholarship, Leadership, and Service... and those elements are all a part of being inducted into the NHS as well.

You know, you would think that I would have remembered to bring a camera with me - especially to Mackenzie's ceremony Tuesday night, since I had just forgotten to bring it that morning to Anna's.... but noooooooo.... I forgot both times - so I'm sharing this lovely logo instead. :)

Wednesday night was the Hampton Cove Middle School Band Spring Concert. This was Anna's night to perform with the Symphonic Band and was a busy night for me since I was the Band Parents Association President this last year. It was the first time to perform our concert at Huntsville High School and it was great! So much better to be there than in the cafeteria at the middle school! But the bands all played great and everything went really well. This time, I actually remembered my video camera, but I got there only to realize that the camera was dead! :( Hopefully someone else out there did better than me and can share some pictures and videos with me!

Saturday we traveled up to Nashville for Courtney's graduation. It was wonderful to see her reach this milestone and to share that time with her family and friends. I can't wait to have her back here this summer as an intern! :)
Congratulations Courtney!!
I don't think it would be that much of a stretch to think Courtney really IS Anna and Mackenzie's older sister! :)


Last but not least, we had a really yummy Mother's Day dinner over at my mom and dad's yesterday after church. I got the new TobyMac CD from my girls (yay!) and a sweet card from Mackenzie and Anna made me a cake. :) I was much more aware yesterday of how fortunate I am to still have my mom here and to be able to share Mother's Day together with her - I'm grateful for that. And my mom and I had a nice moment yesterday where that realization kicked in that none of us is perfect, but the important thing is that we believe the best about each other and that's a blessing. :)
Although I'm still wondering how it is that none of us girls seemed to have gotten any of my mom's genes when it comes to how tall we are! (no fair) Well.... maybe Anna still has a chance.... we'll give her a couple more years before we lock in her height. ha
So this week we have another Band Concert still ahead - Mackenzie's is on Thursday night. Then a gymnastics banquet this Saturday. Lynn's coming to visit next week - and then all the high school graduations start. Good times - but I am about ready for the change-up that the summer schedule will bring. :)

No comments: