Sunday, March 27, 2011

Faithfully Fit



The Thursday morning Bible Study that I've been attending now for a while just started this book a couple of weeks ago. It's a daily devotional book with homework each day that is designed to help you with discipline in all areas of life, but especially in the area of weight loss and healthy lifestyle. While I know that I can ALWAYS do better in this area of life, I started into this study feeling like it wasn't my greatest need at the moment... even though I'm definitely out of sync on my exercise routine and not too excited about swimsuit season coming up! So I will say that it is helping with motivation in those areas, for sure! But mostly I'm finding that the thoughts and scriptures and lessons are helpful in the fight against anything in life that has a hold on you. So I've been trying to apply it to those areas of my life and think about it from that perspective and it's been really helpful. So I just thought I'd share a poem that one of the authors wrote that I really liked:


Spirit Eyes

Let me see you in the battle and not just in the victory,
Let me see you in the darkness and not just in the dawn,
Let me see you in the trial and not just in the triumph,
Let it be your face of love I look upon.

Give me spirit eyes To see the truth behind the lies,
To find the hope that hides within despair.
Give me spirit eyes To look behind the world's disguise
And faith to know that I will find you there.

Let me see you in the present and not just in the future,
Let me see you in the sinner and not just in the saint,
Let me see you in the questions and not just in the answers
Help me find you in the loss and in the gain.


-- Claire Cloninger

For someone like me who has a tendency to only 'see' God in the victories, this wa s a really good reminder that He is there every step of the way, at all times. :)

No comments: