Tuesday, July 23, 2013

So it's been 10 years...

...since our plane touched down in Huntsville and we moved our family 'home' (for me anyways) from Boston.  It's hard to believe it's been that long. Amazing how time flies.

I found this picture that comes pretty close to that long ago.... here's the girls (with Mandy) a few months after we moved in...  ages 6 and 10, oh my. 

 
 
And today...  16 and 20.  Yikes. 
 


A lot happens in 10 years.  Kids grow up, dogs get old, parents get older.... ha.  Graduations, college, the mention of weddings in the not too distant future...  it's hard to imagine all the changes that the NEXT 10 years will bring! 

It made me start thinking back in 10 year increments.... 

2003 we were just moving here

1993 Mackenzie had just been born

1983 I had just moved back home after my first year of college and was headed to UNA for a semester

1973 I was 10 years old.  Who knows what I was doing then?  Awkward elementary school years.   haha.

Anyways, I just wanted to take a moment and remember the day because I'm glad that we made the move back here those 10 long (and now feeling very short) years ago. 

I'll share a quote that I'm going to steal from my favorite preacher these days that sums up what I'm feeling as I look back:

"The older I get, the less I am certain about things I used to go to the mat defending or attacking but the more certain I am of Jesus' love." ~ Patrick Mead

No comments: