Friday, March 20, 2009

Running Update

Well, I got off to a good start posting more stuff on my blog earlier in the week, then got bogged down the last couple of days. Actually, I spent the day in Nashville yesterday, so it was kinda busy. If you haven't been to Opry Mills lately, you're missing out - that is, assuming you like to shop. ;-) I took Anna and her friend Natalie and Mackenzie and we had a fun shopping 'road trip.' It was actually all Anna's idea -- she really got it in her head that she wanted to eat at the Rain Forrest Cafe. So we had lunch there amidst the gorillas, elephants, and occasional thunderstorms. :-) The food was pretty good -- but WAY too expensive... we definitely paid for the experience.

Anyways, before today gets away, I just thought I'd post another running milestone. I didn't really plan to do this, but I went for my run today, and I'm trying to make Fridays my 'long run' day. So I started out with the thought that I'd go 4 to 5 miles. But I felt pretty good, and my time was looking good, so I decided to go for the 10K distance - 6.2 miles. (I haven't done that since I ran the UAH race a few weeks ago.) Well, as I got past 5 miles, I realized that if I pushed myself, I could make the distance in under an hour, which was a goal I was hoping to get to sometime... well, I finished today in 59 minutes and 9 seconds. :-) yay!!!! I was very happy about that.... although now, I think I'm going to pay for that a little this weekend with sore hips and knees. This running stuff it tough on the joints. But I think I'm starting to get addicted to that 'runner's high.' ;-) Honestly, I'm still not sure I know what that is except that when you run far enough, you're tired enough the rest of the day that nothing really bothers you all that much. haha

I'm out of time, but maybe later I'll post my 'advertisements' for Brooks running shoes and Cliff Shot Bloks. My new 'tools of the trade...' I know you all can't wait. :-)

No comments: