Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of High School!

I can't believe that I sent my 'baby' off to her first day of high school this morning.  I know everyone says it...  Where has the time gone?  But really, where did it go!?!   I think she'll probably be a little more excited (or relieved!) after this first day goes by and she knows her schedule, if she has any friends in her classes, if she can FIND her classes, if she has a decent lunch period and a friend to eat with....  if we survive the after school transition to a long night at the gym.  She's going to have some very l-o-n-g days this year.  BUT, we're going with the flow and hoping for smooth days ahead.  :)

So this morning I coaxed her into letting me take a picture with a promise that it wouldn't show up on Facebook, only on my blog.   ;-)    And I sent her off with dad to school...  


After they were gone, I went out to take Mandy for a walk and my next door neighbors were just coming out of their house with their oldest boy getting ready to leave for Kindergarten.  He had his backpack on and new clothes and fresh haircut - so cute! :)  Mom had her camera and as I stopped to say hi, dad came out.  So I got to take a picture of the whole family. :)  It was funny how 'alive' the whole neighborhood was with the start of school.   I passed one car waving to me and their neighbors, fist-pumping and shouting "Woohoo - first day of school!!"  You'd think we'd just all won a national championship in football or something... haha.   Maybe we're just all secretly hoping that the start of school means that the temperatures might start dropping soon?   Nah...  shouldn't be counting on that! ;-)

So that's my story...  but I came across this cute picture from 8 years ago when we first moved here.  Oh how ALL the girls have grown up! ;-)   Now I guess I need to wrap up this post and go wake up my soon-to-be college girl - we have some class scheduling issues to work out today and more packing to do!

No comments: