Saturday, August 27, 2011

Just thought this was funny...

The plan for today was that Anna would go to gymnastics as usual this morning, and then we would pick her up and head up to Lipscomb.  Mackenzie called yesterday to tell us that her car wouldn't start, so we were headed up there to investigate, and hopefully solve, whatever was going on with that. 

So Jack was driving Anna to the gym this morning and she was texting.    Thinking that it was awfully early in the morning for her to be finding any friends awake, he asked her who she was chatting with.   She replied, "Oh, I'm not texting a friend, I'm just sending a text to mom.  I forgot to get one of my earrings and I need her to get it for me."   As I type this, it doesn't sound nearly as funny as when Jack came home and relayed the story to me...  but here he was, sitting right next to her in the car, and she had to text ME to make sure her earring made it where it needed to go.  I guess it's always the MOM that they think they have to ask for things.   What was funny was that he had to come home and ask me if I had gotten a text from Anna (I had missed it - didn't even realize she had texted me and had to go find my cell phone to see what she said.)  And then later, honestly, if Jack hadn't reminded me as I was running around just before we left, I would have TOTALLY forgotten to get the earring.   She really doesn't know that she probably could have saved herself some time and a few keystrokes by just trusting her dad with that request... ha.

Oh, and the 'car emergency' turned out to be a dead battery.  :)  We suspected that, but it was hard to tell from here and it gave us a good excuse to go up for lunch and see Mackenzie.  We got to meet her friend Molly and Anna got to meet some of Mackenzie's friends and shop with the girls for a little while... so a fun day all in all. 

No comments: