Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Month of Thanksgiving...

I've done this once before, and I'm going to try it again because November gets a little melancholy for me and a 'thankful' post every day is a good way to stay in a positive frame of mind!  So here goes...   

Tonight I am thankful for people who have an amazing, incredible, ridiculous talent for singing. (I'm trying to be thankful and not full of envy!  ha)  I know she's been on the scene for quite some time now, but I'm always a bit behind all the trendy stuff, and so I'm just really discovering Adele.  Wow.  Such a rich and soulful voice and such haunting melodies and lyrics that really stay with you...

So I downloaded a few songs and took a walk with them at sunset tonight.  I love her song, 'Someone Like You.'  But I was listening to 'Make You Feel My Love' and had a moment where I thought you could turn this song around and consider that Jesus could be singing this song to any one of us.  He's the only one I know who has truly 'gone to to the ends of the earth' to make us feel His love...

              For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
        so great is his love for those who fear him; 

              as far as the east is from the west,
        so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 

                                                         Psalm 103:11-12



No comments: