Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A night in July...

So tonight I was at church singing some of the songs that I love to sing and looking around at the faces of people that have been my friends for years.  

Announcements were read, prayers were said, and then the elders went up front to speak. 

Apologies were made for decisions made in haste...  and then the presentation began.  I'm sure that many around me heard words like unity, peace, liberty, love, freedom.

I wish I could have heard those words in what was said. 

But I heard... authority, submission, feminism, gender roles, headship, law, limits, constraints.

Sigh.

And my heart is broken.   :( 

1 comment:

Rachel A. Ray said...

I have not yet read or heard the "statement". Still I feel the mixture of heart break, confusion, anger as well as triumph and joy. It is unsettling to my spirit. I wrote a reply to your comment to "Lord Help Me Understand". I won't repeat it here. I hope you will read it when you get a chance. Hang in there, Sister.