Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Things I miss...

  • Summers of my long ago childhood where the days seemed endless and I actually got bored (and really didn't care how hot it was)
  • Being able to see the numbers on a credit card without having to squint or pull out my reading glasses
  • Being at Six Flags with the teens
  • Having a dog that could see and run and play
  • My girls being 2 and 6 years old and how sweet that time of life was (I'm being reminded of this as I have my brother's two little girls here in the states for a while and they are so fun)
  • Having a BFF that I could tell the little stupid day-to-day things I've done or complain to and who actually wants to hear about it
  • Being able to remember people's names
  • Looking good in a bikini (that was a long, long, time ago... if ever... maybe that's just a fantasy... ha)
  • Going along with the above, being able to eat all the Ritz crackers with butter on top that I wanted and not gain any weight (yum!)
  • Being able to run without it making everything hurt
  • Having the time and energy to run
  • My girls needing me more than they do these days - they've grown up so fast!
  • Not having to pay the bills
  • Short getaway weekends with my husband that didn't require so much planning and jumping through hoops
  • Having a pool in my back yard
  • When right and wrong seemed so black and white and easy to understand
  • Parker's Maple Barn (and all things New England that it represents!)
  • Believe it or not, time to read (now that I don't have it, I want it - ha)
Anyways, this is not exhaustive, but it gets out some things that for some reason got floating around in my head today.  Sorry for the melancholy nature of such a list, but it reflects my mood at the moment.  Maybe my next post should be "Things I'm thankful for..." to balance it out...  but hey, these are all things I've been thankful for at some time and am just missing now!  :-)

1 comment:

Rachel A. Ray said...

I love this list. Good memories are blessings. Counting your blessings can relieve stress. A "happy place" to visit. Thank you for taking me there!

It was good to sing together on Sunday. That is a "happy place" too and I have missed it.