Friday, January 25, 2013

Sweet Sixteen, part 2

I think when I last left the Sweet Sixteen story, I was waiting on a call from the garage about the tires being put on Anna's car.  Just as I was about to give up hope, Jack called to let me know the car was ready.  (whew!)  So my dad and I set out to pick it up - thankfully it was ready to go, didn't cost too much, and I made it to pick up Anna from school on time!  The day was starting to look up.  :)

So I picked up Anna and her friend Lena from school in the pouring rain.  They ran and jumped in the car and didn't have time to notice that anything was different.  ha.  But I told her about the tires and when we got to the DMV, she saw them and the new "Life is Good" spare tire cover and decals on the back of the car and really liked all of it.   Later that night, after Jack got home from work, he was able to put the side step rails on and I finished a couple more decals on the back and finally, it was all done. 

So, I guess we had planned to have this great car makeover "reveal" and it was all going to be this great surprise, but it ended up being kind-of a gradual thing that happened through the day.  Oh well, the good news is that by the end of the day, it all got done and she was happy.  :)   Actually, I have to tell this one thing cause I think it's funny.  I had this anchor decal to put on her back window and it was the last decal I put on.  I was having trouble deciding exactly where to put it to line up with everything and I rushed myself a bit cause it was getting late.  And it ended up being a bit crooked.  I was hoping I might get away with it - that she wouldn't notice.  Yeah, right.   (Really, I knew she would notice - ha.)  Anyways, she came out to the garage after everything was done.  She walked around the car and looked at everything.  She stopped at the back, looking at the new decals.  And then I could tell... she was looking at the anchor.  She told us how much she liked everthing, then hesitated... and I just said, "I know, the anchor is crooked."  She laughed and said, "Yeah, no big deal."  :)

It hasn't happened yet, but we'll be fixing the anchor soon...  ha.

Here's some before and after pictures... they're not too great because they are in the garage, but it was pouring outside!!

 
Before Side-rails
 

After Side-rails

 
Before Tire Cover
 

 Before Back Window

 
After Back Tire Cover and Window
 
So that's the car makeover....  some day it will be warm and sunny enough outside to wash and clean it up and really take some decent pictures... and maybe even get the anchor taken care of... 
 
I think I also mentioned that the DMV was the best part of the day.  I'm here to tell you that the best time of the day to go to the Huntsville DMV is right after school.  No lie.  I've heard horror stories of camping out EARLY in the morning only to end up waiting 2 hours in line, etc.  We walked in at 3:30, we were the 2nd people in line.  We spent 5 minutes filling out paperwork.  Went straight back up to the desk.  At this point, things were really easy because Anna had taken Driver's Ed, so all she had to do was turn in a certificate, take a picture, and get her liscense.  yay! I think we were out by 4:00.  :)  So, the most stressful part of all of this ended up being trying to make sure she got a driver's liscense photo that she could be proud of for the next few years!! haha.  And here was the result:  (It turned out good!!)
 
 
She didn't get to drive to gym that night because the weather was so bad, so that was kind-of a bummer, but all in all, the day turned out pretty good. 
 
We had a fun birthday party over the weekend with some of her friends from school - I'll put pictures of that up in my next post. 
 
So finally, Happy Sweet Sixteen to my beautiful, sweet Anna!  


No comments: