Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blueberry Cobbler


After 'Jacob the Deceiver' I was feeling the need to 'lighten things up' a bit, so I thought I'd tell you a little about my afternoon. Anna and I had to go to Walmart after school today to get some things for dinner. (For some reason, it doesn't seem that I can EVER cook dinner without a trip to Walmart first!) Of course, a trip to Walmart for stuff for dinner always ends up being a trip to get so many more things that you didn't realize you needed until you got there. And at least $100.00 later, you finally leave with everything you 'needed.' (at least until tomorrow!) :-)



One thing that Anna was in search of -- so that she could make bath 'fizzies' -- was citric acid. I may be revealing my ignorance here (nothing new about that!), but I had no idea what citric acid was (and I still don't), but it was an ingredient in four different 'recipes' she had for making these things. We couldn't find citric acid, and the folks at Walmart didn't know what it was either, so of course I'm beginning to wonder if it even really exists. After all, if you can't find it at Walmart, what hope do you have? ;-) So if anyone has any insight on where to track citric acid down, I'd love to hear it.



The other thing that you don't want to do when you are at Walmart is go there hungry. We bought so much junk -- yummy junk, but junk none-the-less. And Anna wanted to make banana pudding and I wanted to make blueberry cobbler. Today I won that debate. :-) And so I now have a blueberry cobbler in the oven that I'm looking forward to having after dinner. yay! Now, I promise you this one thing, it won't look anything like the picture above -- I'm just not that good. haha But I do think it will taste good, and I'm ok with that! Maybe I'll post something later to say how it turned out -- since I 'made up' the recipe. That's always interesting.

No comments: