Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Green Mountain Revisited

I spent some time on Green Mountain again yesterday - my favorite place to 'walk' with God. (Don't tell Mandy -- she thinks I go just to take her there!) The view of the covered bridge up above is not one I saw yesterday, but in honor of the beginning of fall, I thought I'd post what I hope to be seeing up there soon. :-) I have no lessons from grasshoppers, fish, or ducks -- but I read this quote yesterday and just wanted to post it because I really liked it.
"God's love language is obedience."
(That's a nice way to remember John 14:21: "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.")
Since I am a very 'tangible' kind-of person, it helps me to know that when I choose to obey God, that He feels like I am choosing Him, and that makes Him feel loved. :-) It really is as simple as that.

No comments: