Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Way You Love Me


This past weekend I was very fortunate to get away for a couple of days to go to the Stream Franklin conference at the 4th Avenue Church of Christ up in Franklin, TN. The worship, singing, times of prayer and the teaching were all very inspiring... I'm still 'processing' lots of the stuff I heard about "the new heaven and the new earth" that I can't even begin to know how to write about... but I hope all the things I heard that were new thoughts to me, are true -- it was an amazing look at what God has planned for us.

On Saturday night, there was a concert by Anthony Evans. I had never heard of him before then, but I enjoyed him so much. He did a lot of songs that we sing in our worship times, so it was fun to sing along... and he sang several songs he has written. There was one that I really liked and thought I would post on here. It's called The Way You Love Me. He said that he wrote it after going through a couple of very difficult years -- he went through a broken engagement, and then what he called a 'series of mistakes and bad choices.' He shared that he tried to write some songs during that time and all he could get on paper was... "Dear God...... Why?...... The End." He was sort-of joking when he said that, but you could hear the truth in it, too. So as he was finding his way out of that time, he wrote this song and I've posted a link to it to You Tube. I think I'm going to have to consult with those of you bloggers who have figured out how to actually get the video to show up ON your blog -- I haven't quite gotten that yet... oh well. Hopefully, this will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQiYlzW9P5o

I really like the thought that sometimes the way God loves us is really by letting us 'go to the end of ourselves' and finding out that He is still there. If you haven't listened to the song yet, that won't make any sense at all (and may still not, since it's just my interpretation of what he's saying!) but anyways, if you like that song, his latest CD is really good and has a lot of great worship music on it.

Check it out at: http://www.anthony-evans.com/

1 comment:

Lisa notes... said...

Thanks for posting this. That is such a good song.

FYI: To embed directly to your blog, copy/paste info from the "embed" block by the video on Youtube to your post. It's that easy. :-)