Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Beautiful Morning


I'm thankful today for such a nice morning. You know, I often think that the best thing about Saturday morning is the opportunity to sleep in late. :) But today I decided to get up early and had some quite moments to myself to spend with God - and that was great. Then I drove the gym carpool... (meanwhile, Jack was out picking up Anna from a sleepover party at Emma's) ...so Jack and I actually met up at the gym. Then we went for a 5K run on the cross country course out around the golf course at the old airport. He was very kind and supportive to run slow with me! ;-) It was so pretty out this morning - a perfect day for a run. I'm happy to be out doing that again and thankful that I can. :) Then I headed home while Jack went and ran the course a couple more times (so he could get a 'real' workout in - ha). I went by Walmart and got some good stuff for lunch - came home and had time to pick up, eat my lunch, and watch a little football... it was just a nice, leisurely morning. I know it all sounds rather mundane, but coming off the stressful week that I've had, it really was something to be thankful for! :)

No comments: