Monday, November 9, 2009

Wal-mart and Warm Delights

The simple fact of the matter is that Wal-mart makes my life easier, and for that, I'm thankful. On days like today, when Anna comes home from school saying that she needs a binder for her report that's due tomorrow, Wal-mart is just 5 minutes from my house. I can handle 5 minutes... if I had to drive all the way over the mountain to Target, 15 minutes away, I would have been a bit more frustrated. But Wal-mart is right here, practically in my back yard. So when I find that I need a last minute school supply, or I'm cooking and forget that I don't have any butter, or eggs, or milk... I can just run down the street and be back in no time.

Of course, there's a catch. You can almost never go into Wal-mart looking for that one thing that you need without suddenly being reminded of several other things that you forgot you just had to have right now! That, of course, happened to me earlier as I ran to Wal-mart for Anna's binder... and I ended up with chicken for dinner tomorrow night, and bread, and make-up, and eye creme, and bowls, and diet pespi.... you know, all the essentials. ;-) But then I passed the baking isle. Dangerous place. And the Warm Delights were calling to me. I don't know what made me do it... I haven't bought one of those in a long time... maybe it was the way the day clouded up today and began to look a little grey and wintery. I don't know. It just sounded so good, so I got one. :) I made it tonight and sat down on the sofa next to Anna to eat it. Just so you know, you really can't sit next to someone and eat a Warm Delight without expecting to share it, so I did. I'm sure it was for the best since I really didn't need to eat it all by myself. Anyways, when all was said and done, I was really thankful for my little bit of 'comfort food' tonight - I needed it. :)

No comments: