Friday, November 6, 2009

Football Season!

So far, it's a really good year to be an Alabama Football fan! :) Of course, I say this on the eve of the Alabama/LSU football game, so let's just hope I could be writing this same first line tomorrow night about this time!! ha

I'm thankful for football season. I always look forward to it every year... it's a sport I grew up watching with my family and I have lots of fond memories (and funny stories!) about that. And I'm fortunate now to be able to have that tradition back - watching the games with my mom and dad AND now with my own girls.

I've also really enjoyed the high school football season these past few years that Mackenzie has been in the marching band. Again, it's another childhood event that I'm getting to relive -- this time as the 'band parent' and not as the 'band member!' :) It's exciting when it gets started, and tonight, in a pretty painful loss to Gadsden in the first round of playoffs, it's bittersweet when it comes to an end. I say bittersweet because on nights like this -- where Jack and I raced down to Gadsden to get to the game, only to find we had really bad directions to the stadium and didn't know where we were going -- we 'toured' Gadsden for about 45 minutes, using both my phone with internet access and a GPS unit that we've borrowed and forgotten to return (oops) and finding neither of them as helpful as the girl at McDonalds who finally pointed us in the right direction! -- We made it to the game JUST in time for half-time (yay!) and then watched our poor football team get killed in the second half of the game. The clock ran out, the seniors cried, the alma-mater was played.... and another football season is over.
Now I'm home in my warm bed and quietly thankful that we won't be doing that again next week! :)

No comments: