Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Family

I'm thankful tonight for family.

Thinking about my parents back at home who take such good care of me and my family. They are so generous and encouraging in so many ways. I'm saying a prayer tonight that my mom feels better and that they are able to have a great time with my Uncle's family tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner.

Thinking about my sister and her family in South Carolina. Traditionally they spend time with her husband's family and I'm sure that's what they'll be up to tomorrow. I was thinking back a couple of years ago to when we went to SC for thanksgiving with them and my sister and I got up at 5:30am to shop the 'Black Friday' specials. We has SUCH a good time!! Fun memories... :)

Thinking about my brother and his *growing* family in Paris, France. (We're looking forward to the birth of a new little baby girl in March!) So they don't really celebrate Thanksgiving in France. ;-) BUT, I do believe my brother makes a valiant effort every year to do SOME kind of Thanksgiving meal. Turkeys are somewhat hard to come by - and you really can't make a pecan pie there (I know, HOW do people live there!! ha) But he does what he can -- I'm curious as to what he'll come up with this year. :)

Thinking about where we are right now -- in Birmingham with Jack's mom. We finished a yummy Thanksgiving dinner just a while ago with her and Jack's sister and all of their family. It was so good -- and there was a lot of laughter. For some reason, every time we get together lately, there's a 'contest' of sorts to see who has outgrown who. Strange that we get such a kick out of this, but maybe since we're all so short, it's a bigger deal. ;-) Anyway, the big news tonight is that the oldest nephew, Carter, has now outgrown Uncle Jack! A sad day indeed. haha

So my 'immediate' family is a bit scattered to the winds this Thanksgiving - that's how it usually seems to work out. But we all have the blessing of getting to share Thanksgiving with our 'married' families - and that's a great thing. It seems Christmas is more of a gathering time for all of us to come together... we're going to be missing my brother and his family this year because they won't be able to travel easily at that point... but that's OK. Looks like it may be another "Townsley Christmas in July --- or Halloween" before we all find ourselves in one place again. It's something to look forward to. :)

So I'm thankful tonight for ALL of my wonderful family, both far and near. Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: