Monday, November 30, 2009

Consistency

I struggle with this word... this virtue. I admire and have great respect for those who prepare, plan, work diligently, and achieve their goals. I aspire to that. I really WANT to be that person. Most of the time I'm not. I'm a little more like this cartoon than I'd like to admit! I do get things done, but more often by the seat of my pants.

So this month I stepped out on faith and decided to try something here that would challenge this part of my character - to post something that I'm thankful for every day this month. Honestly, I didn't think I'd succeed. But you know what? By the grace of God, I did. Not perfectly... I did forget one day to post something and I did have 2 days out of town where internet access wasn't available to me... (but I posted my thanks on facebook!!) But I realize that even in my 'imperfect' completion of this goal, it feels really, really good. :) Better than that, it was great to take the time to focus on something that I'm thankful for every day. To look for something in each day that was admirable. To make the time to communicate that. It's been challenging, but well worth the time and effort.

So today I am thankful for lessons learned while striving for consistency and for God's grace and strength that helped me succeed.

I may take a little break from my daily posts (we'll see) -- but I don't ever want to take a break from being grateful!! :)

No comments: