Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hospitals

I'm really thankful that we have hospitals when we need them. I'm also thankful that tonight my husband is NOT spening the night in one! He had to the last couple of nights, and finally got out today, much to his relief. I wish that getting out meant he got to come home... but he's in Orlando on business and that mean's he got out and went back to work. But to him, even that was better than any more time in the hospital.

He got really sick to his stomach on Monday, just after arriving in Orlando and having some lunch. I think he tried to ignore it and keep working, but it got pretty bad and he ended up blacking out. Well, that got him a trip to the ER. Once there, the doctors set about the task of trying to figure out why he fainted... so let's see... There was an EKG, a CAT scan, an EEG, a stress test, and finally, an MRI. Not to mention a myriad of blood tests... all normal, thankfully. My official diagnosis? Food poisoning. :) And even if it wasn't, I'll bet he doesn't eat at Quiznos for a very, very long time... ha. Regardless, the fainting thing is always a bit scary and I'm just glad there doesn't seem to be anything seriously wrong.

So today, I'm thankful that Jack was well taken care of by strangers far, far away AND by the warm thoughts and prayers of friends nearby who helped in the best way possible - getting the Great Physician involved! :)

No comments: